What type of energy are you investing?
We shape the experiences of our lives by how we choose to invest our energy. But a lot of the time we aren’t aware of how we’re investing this energy, in ourselves and in other people.
Becoming aware of the dynamic between our actions and the resulting experiences can remind us that we decide how we invest, and ultimately, how we experience ourselves and those around us.
In this episode I share some of my own realisations from past energetic investments, and take a look at the experiences which occurred as a result.
Show Highlights and Takeaways
- If we plant an apple seed, we’ll get an apple tree. If we plant a pear seed we’ll get a pear tree.
- The type of energy we invest in something or someone can be seen as a seed we’re planting.
- Every time we invest energy in the same emotions and thoughts we are providing more energy for these seeds to grow.
- Newton’s Third Law states: “For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.”
- The energy we invest (action) will dictate the experiences we have (reaction).
- We invest energy through our thoughts and actions.
- We can invest energy in two main places:
- In our relations with other people.
- In our relations with our self.
- Your intention dictates the quality of the energy you will invest. If your intention is to give then your actions will reflect your intention to give. If your intention is to take your actions will reflect your intention to take.
- We always have the choice of which type of energy we’ll invest – positive, neutral, or negative.
- We can diffuse negative energy from another person by responding with positive, or neutral energy.
- More on Newton’s Third Law